• Cheltenham 01242 241998
  • London 020 7118 4422


An increasing number of people are choosing to operate through their own limited companies. This is because of the potential tax savings and also because of the freedom and control that comes from being your own boss.

At Tax Compute we offer an efficient and competitive service to Contractors and Freelancers that covers the following:

  • Provide an easy to use spreadsheet to keep your books
  • Submission of your monthly payroll and PAYE returns
  • Preparation and submission of your year-end accounts
  • Preparation and submission of your corporation tax return
  • Preparation and submission of directors' self-assessment tax returns
  • E-mail and phone support
  • Submission of the company annual return

Thinking of contracting for the first time? Tax Compute can help you with the following:

  • Company registration
  • VAT registration
  • Advice on IR35
  • Tax planning

Freelancers Contractors

Contracting has its benefits


We carry out an analytical review and quality checks before submitting your tax return. We ensure compliance and timely submission.


Management accounting is a profession that involves partnering in management decision making, devising planning and performance management systems and providing expertise in financial reporting and control to assist management in the formulation and implementation of an organization's strategy.


The VAT return shows the calculation of the amount of VAT due on sales minus the amount of VAT reclaimable on purchases. The result is the amount payable to HMRC.


Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions, and is part of the process of accounting in business. Transactions include purchases, sales, receipts, and payments by an individual person or an organization/corporation


Within a company, payroll is the combination of all of the financial records of their employees' salaries, wages, bonuses and deductions. In accounting, the term payroll signifies the amount that has been paid out to employees for the services they have done for the organization within a certain period of time


Corporation tax is a tax placed on the taxable profits of limited companies and other organisations such as clubs, societies, associations, and unincorporated entities.


You can register online with Companies House if your company is limited by shares and uses standard articles of association (known as 'model articles'). Otherwise, you must use a different method of registration. Your company will also need to register for Corporation Tax within 3 months of starting to do business


Working outside the scope of IR35 and knowing what is claimable are the two most important issues when freelancing or contracting.