• Cheltenham 01242 241998
  • London 020 7118 4422


The tax law regarding non-resident British Nationals is complex and changes made to the April 2013 budget means that claiming non residency and exemption from UK tax is no longer straight forward. Before April 2013 you may have been classed as non-resident but now you may not. To be non-resident for tax purposes in the UK now depends on several tests and living abroad does not necessarily mean that you are non-resident and exempt from UK tax. Individual circumstances can vary considerably and need to be reviewed on their own merit.

We at Tax Compute will offer the right professional advice to avoid any misinterpretation and ensure that you are fully tax compliant and gain the maximum tax benefits and allowances.

For non-residents we can assist in:

  • Advising on UK property rental income and other income subject to UK tax and ensuring tax efficiency.
  • Non-resident status
  • Completing your non-resident tax returns.
  • Applying for refunds from prior tax years.
  • Advising on double taxation treaties
  • Advising on the tax consequences of leaving and returning to the UK.

Your voice at HMRC


We carry out an analytical review and quality checks before submitting your tax return. We ensure compliance and timely submission.


Management accounting is a profession that involves partnering in management decision making, devising planning and performance management systems and providing expertise in financial reporting and control to assist management in the formulation and implementation of an organization's strategy.


The VAT return shows the calculation of the amount of VAT due on sales minus the amount of VAT reclaimable on purchases. The result is the amount payable to HMRC.


Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions, and is part of the process of accounting in business. Transactions include purchases, sales, receipts, and payments by an individual person or an organization/corporation


Within a company, payroll is the combination of all of the financial records of their employees' salaries, wages, bonuses and deductions. In accounting, the term payroll signifies the amount that has been paid out to employees for the services they have done for the organization within a certain period of time


Corporation tax is a tax placed on the taxable profits of limited companies and other organisations such as clubs, societies, associations, and unincorporated entities.


You can register online with Companies House if your company is limited by shares and uses standard articles of association (known as 'model articles'). Otherwise, you must use a different method of registration. Your company will also need to register for Corporation Tax within 3 months of starting to do business


Working outside the scope of IR35 and knowing what is claimable are the two most important issues when freelancing or contracting.